Cannot view you tube videos on windows 10

eysha1 15:06 18 Aug 2015

Since I installed windows 10 I can not see most of the you tube videos and wondered how to correct this. I sometimes get a green screen, a totally black screen, sound stutters or no sound but sometimes some of the videos work so I am lost. Can anyone help on this one please? Many thanks. E.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 18 Aug 2015

nstall the klite codec pack and retry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 18 Aug 2015
  eysha1 11:16 19 Aug 2015

Very many thanks FruitBat. I have downloaded it and have my fingers crossed. will let you know if it doesn't work. Thanks.

eysha1 12:24 19 Aug 2015

FruitBat, it is still not working on most You tube videos. I am still getting the message 'An error has occurred try again later' Any suggestions to fix it? Thanks E

HelenHughes 12:53 19 Aug 2015

Hi Fruitbat. I'm following this too and have the same problem and error message as eyesha1. Would also appreciate any further suggestions. Many thanks

rdave13 17:31 19 Aug 2015

I'm having similar problems. Usually when its the HTML5 payer the video works ok. Flash player I have problems with, or rather my APU has. It's a low quality CPU and with Windows 10, Flash player seems to over work it.

I use IE 11 mostly. On you tube if I get an error then a black screen with stuttering audio I keep refreshing until I have audio working ok. Sometimes the video shows but if it doesn't then I change the view to cinema mode and that brings the video showing and I can go back to default view. Sometimes full screen bring the video playing ok. Using Firefox my AMD APU runs at full throttle but the video loads.

rdave13 17:38 19 Aug 2015

I should have added that once the YouTube video is playing I can change it to 720pHD and after a little stutter will play the whole video in HD. CPU going from 50% to about 98% and I leave the mouse alone!

eysha1 18:16 19 Aug 2015

I changed from Google to Google Chrome and some videos I couldn't watch before are playing now but I am not saying the problem is yet solved but thought this might help someone else.

eysha1 15:30 22 Aug 2015

Still having problems watching you tube videos. I see a lot of green and no picture although there is usually sound - sometimes. Running win 10 on a Toshiba Satellite C850-12L. Thanks in advance

rdave13 15:58 22 Aug 2015

If it's this model then you have the same APU and graphics I have :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?