Cannot Remove Incorrect Password From Login Scree

morddwyd 12:45 30 Oct 2018

When I fire up my HP All in One I find the password field is already filled with dots.

Seems to be no way of removing this obviously incorrect password as backspace doesn't work and the screen is locked. Tried both hardware and OSK, though when using the latter I mote that the Windows key shows as having been pressed.

Any ideas?

wee eddie 15:11 30 Oct 2018

You've tried rebooting?

morddwyd 19:20 30 Oct 2018

Yes. The only way round it is to go through the lost password procedure, but the problem recurs the first time I reboot having logged in with the new password.

conrail 22:05 01 Nov 2018

I have this problem with one site, I highlight the dots and press bacspace and that clears them, this doesn't worry me as I feel it is an extra security precaution for anybody trying the access my site

wee eddie 22:30 01 Nov 2018

The dots represent the characters that have been entered. This is to stop others reading your Password.

Usually they will disappear when you start typing

morddwyd 19:26 02 Nov 2018

Thank you.

I repeat, backspace didn't work and the screen was locked.

Your problem is simply a cookie trying to log you in, with an incorrect password, automatically.

wee eddie 21:12 02 Nov 2018

Highlight it and start typing

kokoki 01:17 03 Nov 2018

. This is to stop others reading your Password.URL=[click here URL=[click here URL=[click here

wee eddie 01:34 03 Nov 2018

Koko's A Spammer- FE told

morddwyd 09:18 03 Nov 2018

Highlight it and start typing

The screen was frozen. No keyboard input, neither hardware nor OSK, was possible.

wee eddie 10:32 03 Nov 2018

What PC are you talking about

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL