Cannot install Photoshop CS5 from CD in W10

john bunyan 16:24 30 Mar 2019
Answered

I have used Adobe Photoshop CS5 for years and it was installed on my desktop and laptop, and ran ok. It is still ok on my desktop. Due to a problem on my laptop where a new motherboard was supplied, I uninstalled it prior to the repair as I only have a 2 PC licence. A year or so ago it installed ok on this laptop. Now, however, it will not install as the latest windows 10 seems not to accept it. Curious that it ran up to a week ago, and still runs on the (more or less) identical desktop. I like Photoshop but am loathe to start the expensive rental system. Ideally I would like to find a way of installing it via the CD. Otherwise maybe I will have to buy Elements 2019 but that is not the same.

x13 16:48 30 Mar 2019

As you install the CD physically press the shift key. Stops it from auto booting. You can then see all the files on it. On the .exe file for installing right click and select 'troubleshooting'.

This might also help

x13 16:52 30 Mar 2019

Another way would be to create an .iso file of the CD and mount it within Windows 10 then run. I only use Ashampoo to create .iso's (free and paid for) so no idea if Win 10 can do it.

john bunyan 17:09 30 Mar 2019

x13

Thanks; will have a look. I did try running the .exe but a nota appears along the lines of “This programme is not possible on this version of Windows. Will look at other options in next day or so. I did check Adobe forums and tried downloading C+++ files etc. Odd that it ran on latest windows a week ago , still runs on desktop but won’t install. May give Adobe a call but support has run out for CS5 and they are keen on selling the monthly payment version

wee eddie 18:56 30 Mar 2019

It was launched in 1990, I'm not suprised that it finds Windows 10 too much

john bunyan 19:13 30 Mar 2019

*wee eddie *

Yes but I still can’t understand why it runs on desktop. Also, installed a year ago and ran on laptop. Only ran into problem after a motherboard replacement; windows version same now as before replacement. Still a brilliant programme, used often in desktop. May buy Photoshop Elements 2019 on disc from Amazon but prefer to carry on with CS5 if possible

john bunyan 19:17 30 Mar 2019

PS

CS 5 was launched in 2010

john bunyan 19:19 30 Mar 2019

See

CS5

wee eddie 19:21 30 Mar 2019

Sorry, misread Google on my phone

hssutton 20:30 30 Mar 2019

John. CS5 installs OK on my Win10 64 bit without problem. How far do you get with the installation. Just as a matter of interest CS2 and CS2 Illustrator also install without any problem.

Harry

john bunyan 20:46 30 Mar 2019

hssutton

Harry

When I insert the CD and select install CS5, nothing happens. Then when I go to the file list in the CD and press the install .exe for Photoshop a screen appears along the lines of Programme incompatible - contact software supplier.

I will try again tomorrow and make a note of the exact message. Maybe I'll try CS4 first to see if that works.

Will report back tomorrow.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs