Cannot Find Windows 10 Theme Installation location

Alex Khan 00:09 21 Nov 2018
Answered

Hi,

I have recently been searching online to find the saved files of a Windows 10 theme called simplify 10. I have looked everywhere even :%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes I couldn't find them again. The theme works fine But I want to make some manual changes to the icons but cannot find the source. Any help is highly appreciated.

I follow a few steps from this site for the installation process thinking that the installed theme will be in the folder you leave them in..

Thank you Alex

AppsBoss 08:14 21 Nov 2018

Hell Alex. You have enough them on online. Why not search google.

Alex Khan 11:33 21 Nov 2018

Hi,

I tried once and I had accidentally remove some Win 32 file :D I was just a bit scared this time so I thought I might ask on a professional forum.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:47 21 Nov 2018
Answer

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

your themes are listed there as folders, open the appropriate folder to access the files

Alex Khan 23:11 22 Nov 2018

OMG thank you lol, I never thought to look in there.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?