Can Microsoft OneDrive be uninstalled

wiganken2 18:13 07 Sep 2018

I notice "Microsoft OneDrive" appears in the list of my installed programs. Is it a stand-alone program separate from Windows that I can uninstall or is it an integral part of the Windows OS that cannot be uninstalled? I imagine the former or else why list it but I thought I would check here first. I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit and I do not, nor ever will, use OneDrive.

wiganken2 10:26 08 Sep 2018

I found another article on TA which answers this question so I'll mark this as 'Answered'. In case anyone wants to know the article is : - click here

wiganken2 10:55 08 Sep 2018

In fact I did click 'uninstall' on the OneDrive program and it did disappear from the program list but it happened so fast I believe it only removed the program from the list. It did not uninstall it since OneDrive still appears in the list of Apps. That's OK, I can live with that since it was only an idle query anyway but, if anyone is interested, now you know.

rdave13 11:14 08 Sep 2018

There's a downloadable registry hack to remove OneDrive folder from File Explorer if interested. Link

wiganken2 15:13 08 Sep 2018

Link applies to Windows 10. My OS is 8.1 but thanks anyway.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)