BSODs on Windows 10, Can't Determine Source

phvntom 17:34 18 May 2017

For about a month now, I've been getting BSODs on Windows 10 and I haven't been able to figure out why. Been getting a variety of different error codes as well. I did a memory scan which reported no problems, and ran chkdsk c: /r which didn't fix the problem. I also have CrystalDiskInfo which says my HDD is in good health. I should also mention that my PC will occasionally just restart itself randomly without a blue screen, and occasionally just freeze completely, meaning I have to force a shut down. Not sure if this is related.

Here are the dump files: click here help getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Any

Archonar 18:25 18 May 2017

Can you also look in the event viewer for information about the crashes, there may be error codes that will be useful?

Secret-Squirrel 18:29 18 May 2017

............and I haven't been able to figure out why........

All your dump files are different so neither can I :(

RAM problems can cause weird behaviour so run a memory tester.

The software I used to look at your May 5 dump file said "This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack and the system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it". Because of that, run your anti-virus program plus another scanner to get a second opinion - Malwarebytes Free would be a good one.

phvntom 15:08 19 May 2017

Can you also look in the event viewer for information about the crashes, there may be error codes that will be useful?

The bug check codes are here if that's useful.

RAM problems can cause weird behaviour so run a memory tester. The software I used to look at your May 5 dump file said "This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack and the system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it". Because of that, run your anti-virus program plus another scanner to get a second opinion - Malwarebytes Free would be a good one.

I did run a memory scan which reported no problems, unless there's a program I could use that would do a more thorough scan? Malware bytes also didn't detect anything.

1]: [click here

Archonar 17:18 19 May 2017

Very unusual to have such different errors crashing the computer repeatedly, usually it's a repeated issue... Points to cache issues, memory issues, kernel issues among a couple of others. Do you have all of the windows updates installed for your os?

Bris 18:07 19 May 2017

You certainly have a mix of bug codes here.

They seem to gravitate to some extent towards memory and graphics.

Memtest checks system memory but not VRAM which may be the cause of the problem.

Check to make sure you have the latest video drivers also and look for any yellow exclamation marks in device manager.

phvntom 16:28 20 May 2017

Very unusual to have such different errors crashing the computer repeatedly, usually it's a repeated issue... Points to cache issues, memory issues, kernel issues among a couple of others. Do you have all of the windows updates installed for your os?

Windows is up to date.

You certainly have a mix of bug codes here. They seem to gravitate to some extent towards memory and graphics. Memtest checks system memory but not VRAM which may be the cause of the problem. Check to make sure you have the latest video drivers also and look for any yellow exclamation marks in device manager.

Had a look in device manager, didn't see any yellow exclamation marks. My video drivers were outdated though, so I've just updated them. I doubt this will fix the problem but here's hoping. I'll update you if I hit any more blue screens.

Forum Editor 17:45 20 May 2017

Moved to the Windows Help forum from Tech Helproom.

phvntom 18:56 31 May 2017

Update: hit another blue screen today. This time I got a "DRIVERIRQLNOTLESSOR_EQUAL" stop code, which I've never seen before. Also had a few random restarts and freezes the past few days. Added to the dump files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?