BSOD's on start up and history show hardware fault

robertlaurenson 16:28 09 Apr 2019

Hi All, thanks in advance for your assistance. I have an HP laptop, an X360 14", i58250 processsor, M.2 skyhynix 256gb SSD, 8GB DDR4 2400 RAM I bought it new around 2 months ago, but live away and to get it serviced by HP would be a total nightmare. It crashed doing a windows update a couple of days after i got it (forgot to plug it in) and it wiped the hard drive, so i reinstalled windows from the recovery media, updated and all was well. 3 days ago it started doing BSOD's on some start ups but when running it was logging a hardware failure in Reliability History each and every minute its running, to note Event Viewer is not showing any hardware failure to correspond with reliability history which is quite unusual. I have run full HP system tests on startup from the recovery media, tried re seating the SSD and RAM, removed all recently installed programs and drivers. In the link below are the Minidump files along with the files the reliability history said to look at for reference to the fault. None of which makes any sense to me and i really hope one of you can tell me what went wrong a couple of days ago for this to happen. It is a dropbox link containing the files mentioned above. thanks. click here very much in advance Robert

Thanks

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs