Bought a "1050Ti". Got a Fake.Can I fix this?

JJAmara2910 14:50 09 Feb 2019

I bought this graphics card and I know for a fact that it is not the 1050Ti that I was promised. However, due to my lack of free time I've exceeded the return date. All I want to know is whether there is anything to do with it since I'm petty and want to get my money's worth for it. I've read about flashing the Bios but I have no clue. I just want to know if there are ways to fix a fake graphics card even if it means I don't get as good of a performance as initially promised. Thanks guys :)

Old Deuteronomy 20:14 09 Feb 2019

Well, as it clearly is fake, raise the issue with eBay. They will expect you to try to sort it out with the seller. If that doesn't work you will still be able to get your money back as eBay tend to favour the buyer in disputes these days.

KEITH 1955 23:06 09 Feb 2019

old Deuteronomy is correct plus , I repeat report it to nvidea they may set an e bay buying trap to get the seller brought to justice , yes I know it will only be a minor victory but 1 less faker is enough

Old Deuteronomy 15:34 10 Feb 2019

Pretty strange. I've never faced fake video cards

Neither have I but, that does not mean they don't exist. Ebay is awash with fake goods, great care needs to be taken to ensure you don't get caught out.

KEITH 1955 16:43 10 Feb 2019

many years ago I went to a computer fair in Sheffield and I don't know how the stall holders were getting away with what they were selling , pc components allegedly the real thing in plain brown boxes , some software that had only just come out that should have demanded a £30 price tag were in bundles of 3 for £15. I picked up a disc called hackers delight and I made a comment to the stall holder about it turning anti virus software off. His reply was its not a game , if you buy it from me , you didn't , I don't know you and have never seen you before. Yes I did buy it but on the way home I began to wonder what might happen if I used it and got out of my depth and got caught , I threw it away !

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

Best Monitor for Art and Design

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

iPhone 2019 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs