Bought a "1050Ti". Got a Fake.Can I fix this?

JJAmara2910 14:50 09 Feb 2019

I bought this graphics card and I know for a fact that it is not the 1050Ti that I was promised. However, due to my lack of free time I've exceeded the return date. All I want to know is whether there is anything to do with it since I'm petty and want to get my money's worth for it. I've read about flashing the Bios but I have no clue. I just want to know if there are ways to fix a fake graphics card even if it means I don't get as good of a performance as initially promised. Thanks guys :)

JJAmara2910 14:52 09 Feb 2019

click here images linked that might help you

-some

john bunyan 15:41 09 Feb 2019

As you are new to the forum I did not click on the link.. If in the UK you should return it to the seller for a full refund on the basis that " The Goods were not as described" . You could hint that you may go to the small claims court if they refuse

wee eddie 15:50 09 Feb 2019

That looks like your man on eBay

wee eddie 16:08 09 Feb 2019

It is the absolute base line card produced in house, by NVidia, and costs about £50. Everybody else's tarted-up ones cost around £150

Old Deuteronomy 16:43 09 Feb 2019

JJAmara2910

On what evidence have you decided that the card is fake?

MJS WARLORD 16:57 09 Feb 2019

return to sender as not fit for purpose then email nvidea and tell them where you got it from , if there are any part numbers on serial plates take a photo of the and attach it to email.

Flat Earther 17:01 09 Feb 2019

I think the last Nvidia cards with a D-sub VGA output were the 700 series.

wee eddie 17:37 09 Feb 2019

It is currently available on eBay. Read my earlier comments

Flat Earther 18:14 09 Feb 2019

Note the spelling mistakes/typos on the box,

"Hardware Instation... maKe sure... proper installation if the graphic card"

Ebay is full of these cheap knock off cards.

JJAmara2910 19:18 09 Feb 2019

I found the drivers given are recognised as out of date to my computer. However when I go on to NVIDIA's website to download official drivers it doesn't recognise the graphics card and doesn't recognise any valid drivers. Additionally, the card itself fails to run games that use above 1GB memory and doesn't seem to apply drivers when they are installed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Release Date, Price & Spec

Robert Hunter talks animating his magical storybook style for a spaced out music video

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

Samsung Galaxy X : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique