Blank Screen after Resolution change

XloreX 07:11 17 Dec 2016
Answered

I was using my computer and trying to change the resolution from 1024x768 to a higher one as my monitor supports up to 1080p. Instead there was one that option that can go to somethingx1200 and i chose that instead. When I clicked apply, my monitor screen changes to "Out of range" and I can't do anything. When i force reboot it, the computer goes to the windows screen and after that blank screen with the same message. I have tried to go to safe mode but it only allows me to change to 1024x768 and 800x600 only. When i reboot it in normal mode, the same problem still occur. Someone help please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:32 17 Dec 2016

In Safe mode. Right-click the desktop, click Properties, and then click Settings. Click Advanced, click Adapter, and then click Adapter Default from the Refresh Rate list. Click OK, click OK again, and then click Yes to restart the computer in Normal mode.

XloreX 14:18 17 Dec 2016

There is no properties when I right-click, there is only View Sort by Refresh Paste Paste shortcut New Screen resolution Gadgets

Jollyjohn 14:44 17 Dec 2016

What version of Windows are you using? This will help us guide you to the correct place to change the screen res.

Are you aware that if you wait 20 seconds after changing the screen res without pressing any key or the mouse the screen will revert to the old res.

You could try - in safe mode - Device manager - display adapter - right click and uninstall device. Leave the drivers and reboot in normal mode. Windows will then re install the display adapter, hopefully, at a res. that works.

XloreX 15:02 17 Dec 2016
Answer

It's okay guys i have fixed it. I connected to my cpu to a TV as most of them supports more than 2560x1080. Then I boot my cpu in normal mode and change the resolution to something that my monitor supports. Now my monitor can work. PS, when in safe mode, the windows don't allow you to access your Video card and igpu so you cannot change your adapter settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch