Black screen no cursor on start up

Trayneix 15:12 30 Jun 2017

So I tried to start up in safe mode on windows 10 and just black screen no cursor nothing. I'm using my tv as a screen through a hdmi. I used system config to change it to safe mode and restarted when prompted. I think it recognises the display because I see the screen change colour ever so slightly and the tv tells me the dimensions e.g. 16:9 1080p when it is restarted. Completely stuck with no other screen to test. Really need help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:17 30 Jun 2017

Probably not loaded drivers required as you are in safe mode. does it have onboard graphics port you could use?

Trayneix 22:24 30 Jun 2017

I'm not too sure I tried looking it up but I'm not massively knowledgable on specs. It's the GA-Z170X-gaming 3 motherboard it does have the hdmi and vga slots on it so I would assume it does

Trayneix 22:28 30 Jun 2017

Also I have tried the HDMI in the motherboard slot same result. Got a friend coming over with a monitor that has a vga port tomorrow will this help in any way?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:40 30 Jun 2017

Yes VGA should work in safe mode.

rdave13 21:53 01 Jul 2017

*Fruit Bat /\0/* be aware of the other post, click here .

Trayneix 18:27 04 Jul 2017

Got this sorted in the end just needed to take out my graphics card and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and the safe mode worked if anyone else needed a solution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)