AVG Vs Windows Defender which is better?

Stefanmz7 23:57 11 May 2018

Hello! So I was wondering which would be better to use on the latest version of Windows 10 which is the April update. AVG Antivirus FREE or Windows Defender (together with Malware bytes)? What do you think? Which one do I choose?

john bunyan 10:11 12 May 2018

Others may disagree but With Windows 10 I use Defender plus Malawarebytes Premium and have had no problems at all. The MBAM Premium is good in its automatic monitoring, updating and scanning - it has blocked a few unwanted programmes etc.

rdave13 13:04 12 May 2018

I agree with jb but also use AntiWebMiner.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:13 12 May 2018

Defender has come on in leaps and bounds since its original poor performance in XP and 7.

IMHO AVG has become bloated and so I stopped using it, moved to Avast and got fed up of the adverts and popups. I got the full Kaspersky suite free last year and was very pleased with it, this is the first year I've paid for Antivirus £5.

If you don't like Defender then Kaspersky now do a free version.

Stefanmz7 19:34 12 May 2018

Ok thanks! I will stick with Windows Defender I actually like the functions it provides. But doesn't Antimalwarebytes premium slow down your PC when real time protection is turned on? I currently have it on a trial. Also when the trial ends is there any free alternative that offers good real time antimalware protection or should I just scan my Pc regularly with Antimalware bytes free version to ensure there are no threats?

rdave13 21:05 12 May 2018

Malwarebytes pro is pretty good. The free version doesn't allow 'live' protection. For some reason Google upped this, link , and you can pay with PayPal for security. The site Whois shows this if it links properly.

rdave13 21:08 12 May 2018

Just click the 'I'm not a robot' Captcha.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs