Avast products for Windows PC

fuzzy_derlogic 12:12 13 Nov 2017

In December 2016 I purchased Avast anti virus for the Vista powered laptop that I use at work. Fine. I've even managed to disable the auto-renew feature! Anyway, this anti virus product came with a fifteen digit activation code. At the weekend I purchased avast premium clean up for the PC at home which is running W7. Now, I've noticed that both of these avast products have the same activation code, despite being purchased 11 months apart. That's a bit strange isn't it? Do Avast give the buyer the same activation code no matter what product you buy, and when you buy it?

Mark

onthelimit1 14:13 13 Nov 2017

I don't know, but if you post the code we will give it a try!!

qwbos 15:04 13 Nov 2017

If you have an Avast account, it's possible that the same activation code is used for all Avast products. You could try having a look on the Avast forum.

Menzie 17:33 13 Nov 2017

I think the activation code might be tied to your account but each software might have a separate license key or serial number that is unique. Do both software programs have the correct period of time left on your subscription when you go into your account settings?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?