Automating Windows 10 Installation with a Windows

Barbara A Lafferty 01:45 13 Apr 2018

Hello. I am attempting to Automate a Windows Installation with a Windows 7 Home Premium Host machine. I have downloaded my .iso file and other exe files as per my professor's instructions but from there the instructions specifically say to locate the Windows 10 Education ISO with my HOST computer. a. Right click the Windows 10 ISO and select Open With --> Windows Explorer.

Here is where my problem begins. In Windows 7 Home Edition Windows Explorer IS File Explorer. Windows Explorer is not an option to open the ISO.
The next step is supposed to have the Windows 10 files now available on a virtual DVD drive on my host computer.

My only options at the moment for Open With are Magic ISO maker, Roxio Creator or Windows Disk Image Burner. Is there a workaround for this? I can not complete my lab until I get past this step. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you kindly.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?