Audio problems when playing games please help

treyfive 19:31 18 Apr 2018

I'm having a giant problem regarding my PC audio when playing video games in particular. Whenever I start playing any game anywhere from 5-15 minutes after starting, an audio static will just take over. Sometimes all other sound cuts out and sometimes other sounds will still be there but faintly under the static. Sometimes the static persists through the entire game (and back into the menus between games), and sometimes it fades out after a few minutes to leave the game silent with no sound at all. This also can happen when I'm simply watching videos on youtube, although the static isn't as loud and the sound is relatively okay. I've tried almost everything from updating all kinds of drivers to fiddling around with the settings on the sound and nothing works.

If anyone knows that the problem is please reply I need to fix this ASAP.

MJS WARLORD 18:13 20 Apr 2018

I had a similar problem many years ago plus when the sound stopped the games would crash , it was a new pc that turned out to have both a faulty g card and mobo , guess I was unlucky....it was only when the manager let me behind the counter to demonstrate the fault that he agreed the pc was faulty.

BEFORE you start taking your pc apart do a simple check on any jack plugs you are using I feather dusted my case and it moved the jack plug just enough to make the speakers buzz.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?