Are Microsoft being even more sneaky?

xania 10:34 15 Jun 2016

We all know by now that installing Windows 10 requires users to double check exactly how much information they want top pass on the Microsoft. However, I have heard from a couple of sources that Microsoft updates may be using the opportunity to reset those settings to ensure they continue to glean the information they want. If this IS true, then I think it falls to this forum and others to bring Microsoft to task.

Govan1x 10:54 15 Jun 2016

Yes have to agree. Big brother is watching you comes to mind. How no one has sued them yet I don't know.

Obvious they are doing well as they just bought Linkedin for 22 Billion. Not sure how they can splash out when they give there latest version of W10 away free.

I suppose it all goes down to the sale of new computer on which you have to have Microsoft Windows on it. Maybe a market out there for something new from another vendor. Who knows as long as Apple computers are so expensive they get away with it.

Now if apple had a great big one off sale it might take up more of the Market. We need something like apple but only cheaper.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 15 Jun 2016

That's always happened with 10, it even reinstalls apps you may have uninstalled.

Fed up with uninstalling 3D builder etc.

Old Deuteronomy 11:19 15 Jun 2016

Well Windows 10 is right up to date on my PC, updates installed today and all my privacy settings are as I set them, no changes at all.

There is an awful lot of paranoia and disinformation on the web.

wee eddie 13:06 15 Jun 2016

Tax loss!

Govan1x 13:28 15 Jun 2016

Old Deuteronomy thanks for the Pc updates info. Just tried it and they will not install because of some error.

Now the error in this instant is I do not use Windows Firewall and have it turned off. I know for a fact if I turn windows firewall back on the updates will install. basically they make you use products that you do not wan and make you download some updates that you do not want.

Pine Man 14:42 15 Jun 2016

make you download some updates that you do not want.

That was my main reason for dispensing with W10 and returning to W7.

A bit like the Referendum I voted with my keyboard to Exit W10 and return to W7 to regain control!!

Forum Editor 16:19 15 Jun 2016

Transferred to the Windows help forum from Speakers Corner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)