Hot Topics

Any way to transfer my files from old slow pc?

CozyPatato 08:55 13 Dec 2019

Hello there, This is my first Post around here. This month am recovering all the photos i Got from every device i ve used. And I have almost done with all of them, Expect my old PC. In this i Got the biggest percentage of my pics. But it's very slow, it runs Windows 10. I know that u ll get little triggered with this but the Last time i used, it was a lot quicker. So i try to figure out how can i take a the files so i can upload them to Google drive (just as I did with my other files).i first thought that a lightweight OS could do the trick. Thank you in advance...

1. List item
  x13 09:28 13 Dec 2019

Uploading to the Cloud will depend on your upload speed and if you have many photos it's going to take time regardless of OS or PC. I use an USB enclosure for internal 2.5" hard drives for my backups. Enclosures are as cheap as £8 and a 1TB oem hard drive as cheap as £38. 500 GB as cheap as £22. Should be faster backing up locally rather that to the Cloud.

Taff™ 16:12 14 Dec 2019

You got Windows 10 but it is slow? What operating system was your laptop originally?

Totally agree with the revious post. Back up locally to a USB Memory stick or drive.

BT 08:40 16 Dec 2019

Enclosures are as cheap as £8 and a 1TB oem hard drive as cheap as £38. 500 GB as cheap as £22

I have a number of external drives. Buy an enclosure and rescue drives from defunct Laptops

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Huawei Mate Xs could’ve been the first great big-screen foldable

Wholesome animations remind commuters not to be animals

Apple Arcade ain't what it used to be

Comment désactiver le rétroéclairage du clavier de votre MacBook ?