Any news on roll out of Autumn Update?

john bunyan 20:22 30 Nov 2018
Answered

I have Windows 10 version1803 (OS Build 17134.441). I prefer to wait official roll outs rather than insider ones. I am minding a couple of other folks PC's while they are away for a while (Updating, backing up etc). I had hoped to get the new version installed - is it 1809? .

What is the latest on the roll out after it was pulled in October?

Does not seem well publicised.

mikef. 20:51 30 Nov 2018

It is out, but they are rolling it out gradually, I got it at the beginning of the month, if you do a search you can get it from Microsoft officially if you want it

john bunyan 20:59 30 Nov 2018

Thanks; I’ll have a look.

john bunyan 21:59 30 Nov 2018

It seems , if one uses iCloud, necessary to update to the latest version before installing 1809. Will try in next few days.

qwbos 23:47 30 Nov 2018

mikef

When you say you got it, was that through normal check for updates or did you go through here ?

The last I read about it, the phased rollout is tied to your hardware, particularly your CPU. Which CPU do you have?

rdave13 00:18 01 Dec 2018

Although I've updated to 1809 on all my laptops on original update I had to uninstall iTunes on one of them. No loss really for me. Hate to be tied down to anyone. Latest precaution is that mapped drives don't quite work.

mole44 05:06 01 Dec 2018

Golden update with any software updates is to leave it a couple of months whilst bugs are ironed out.

john bunyan 14:25 01 Dec 2018

Apart from qwbos' link I cannot see a way of updating without going into the development mode.

MJS WARLORD 16:34 01 Dec 2018

the update you refer to is being drip fed in bits and pieces because as you say , it got pulled , this was because "insider users" reported photos , documents and other items just vanishing from their pc's but Microsoft could not explain why it happened

MPN1A 18:35 01 Dec 2018

"leave it a couple of months"

Isn't that possible only with 'Pro' not 'Home' versions?

mikef. 18:57 01 Dec 2018

qwbos I did it through yiur link, took about 2 hours but nice and satable

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment installer Fortnite sur un Mac ?