another windows 10 question about user folders

martd7 17:18 13 Mar 2019

I followed a tutorial on the Internet to move my User files from the SSD drive to the hard drive to save space on the SSD

It was easy to follow and seems successful but the folders are still on the SSD as well as being on the Hard drive

Can i delete them or do they need leaving on the ssd?

Thanks again

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:26 13 Mar 2019

sounds like you have done it with sym links?

if so, mine is he same, the folders aren't actually on the C drive, Windows just thinks they are are displays them that way in explorer.

I have a 128GB SSD and 35 GB is taken by windows my user folder contain 161GB which is of course bigger than the SSD drive

martd7 18:01 13 Mar 2019

It was a tutorial on a windows 10 Central about moving user files to save space ive also read one on Windows 10 for dummies which was same way of moving the user folders

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Wacom Cintiq 22: a bigger budget pen display arrives from Wacom

The best Mac antivirus of 2019

Quel est le meilleur Mac pour un ├ętudiant ?