AMD Driver causing BSOD and freezes

Majd900 12:27 20 Jan 2018

Hello everyone So i've been trying to fix problem lately, it's really a complicated issue on so many levels I am personally experienced with IT stuff, but i just cannot seem to solve this problem. So as far as i remember, when this first started, was like before 3 weeks. I didn't really bother to see what's the problem until now.

So whenever i disable AMD Graphics in "Device Manager" it works again. I tried reinstalling numerous times, using "Display driver uninstaller" and then installing again from AMD OFFICIAL website. I tried many versions as well. Most of them weren't compatible with my laptop. But i managed to install some of the versions, still gets stuck though.

What i did so far: -No new windows updates -Uninstalled daemon tools -Reinstalled C++ and Microsoft Netframework -Tried 3rd party programs to identify the missing compatible graphic driver, didn't work. -Uninstalled all antiviruses and antimalwares

I can boot into safe mode and normal mode (only when i disable the AMD GRAPHICS DRIVER)

System Specs: Windows 7 (64 Bit) Laptop Model: HP Probook 4730s Processor: Intel Core i7 Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7400M HD Series RAM: 6gb

Thanks!

rdave13 13:14 20 Jan 2018

Have you tried the drivers from the HP site? Last driver available was Jan 30, 2012.

click here .

Majd900 13:54 20 Jan 2018

Nope i didn't. They're too old anyways! So i installed drivers only from the AMD official website.

Meoww 14:30 21 Jan 2018

You can rollback to the previous drivers.

Govan1x 08:36 22 Jan 2018

Have you tried the 3rd one down on the Left hand side.

Click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?