Am I a dinosaur for using IE 11?

john bunyan 16:41 17 Aug 2018
Answered

I still use IE 11 , on latest windows 10 on a good laptop and desktop. I had a brief look at Edge but find it complicated. I do occasionally use Chrome. I have not experienced problems with IE . I use Defender plus MBAM Premium and AdBlock plus. I hear others don’t like IE but what are the problems?

martd7 16:52 17 Aug 2018

JB

I moved only 2 month back from IE11 to Chrome i was finding some sites were slow or not working in IE11 but they do work in Chrome,i find PCA much smoother in Chrome than IE11

wee eddie 16:55 17 Aug 2018

I converted to Edge a while back. Some of the inconsistencies have been ironed out now.

MJS WARLORD 18:20 17 Aug 2018

Hi john up until recently I did not like the edge but now I use it all the time , with regards to e11 , one of my old pc's ran e11 and there were a lot of websites I could not use , I kept getting told my browser was not compatable.

MPN1A 19:01 17 Aug 2018

I still use IE11 but I prefer Firefox. Can't abide Edge.

wee eddie 19:13 17 Aug 2018

I thought that I ought to add. I also use Chrome and Firefox.

Horses for courses

rdave13 20:46 17 Aug 2018
Answer

Am I a dinosaur for using IE 11?

Yes, even Microsoft advises against it. On your machines Edge would fly..

john bunyan 22:04 17 Aug 2018

Thanks all. I will look over the Edge!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)