after window 10 update, window is no longer active

computer dude 02:12 27 Nov 2016

I purchased a new lap top in April from JB HIFI, With window 10 installed on it. a month ago during the update of Window 10 the files got corrupted, the computer is very slow and Ii can not connect to the internet, it say : not connected , connections are available. Have been trying to fix the problem with no success. If I reformat the disc and start again, I do not have a copy of the purchased license with the computer. can you help me please.

BRYNIT 08:48 27 Nov 2016

Your laptop should have a recovery partition. If you look through the instruction manual it will tell you how to restore back to factory default. The laptop when first used will usually ask you to create a set of recovery disks or a USB did you do this. Both of these option should automatically activate windows 10 when connected to the internet.

Have a read of CLICK HERE on activating Windows 10.

Govan1x 10:25 27 Nov 2016

or maybe try a system restore to a time before the updates.

computer dude 10:27 27 Nov 2016

Hello BRYNIT, and thanks for the reply, I have tried to restore from the recovery partition, no success. ( may be I did not do it correctly, I did not receive an instruction manual with the laptop). I did have a back-up on an external hard drive dated in May 2016,a month after the purchase date- did not help. I can not connect to the internet on the new hp laptop, I get a message "not connected - connections are available"

computer dude 10:36 27 Nov 2016

Thanks Govan1X, Have tried Restore Data, Files to the same location- no success.

Govan1x 12:05 27 Nov 2016

Can you not connect your laptop using an ethernet connection instead of a Wireless connection.

What make and model number of laptop have you got. It may make it easier for others to offer help if they have the same model.

Govan1x 12:10 27 Nov 2016

Have a look in device manager to see if any yellow exclamation marks beside any of the drivers.

If the system restore did not work in normal mode go into safe mode and try it.

Burn-it 12:25 27 Nov 2016

If it says connections are available then the wireless network card is working. Look to see wht those connections are and choose yours. You will likely need to provide the SSID key for security reasons (I hope)

computer dude 10:51 29 Nov 2016

Hello team, Sorry I was have not had a chance to log in for the last few days. @ Govan1x I have tried connecting via an the ethernet cable- same results. My laptop is HP 15-AC630TX 154 NBOOK TSilver WIN10. No yellow exclamation marks beside any of the drivers in device manager. system restore did not work in safe mode either.

@Burn-it, tried connecting to my router , entered pass word, no success.

the wife had a chat with a computer repair shop they suggested they can fix it under $200. I think I may not have an alternative, That might be my only option at this stage.

Govan1x 12:49 29 Nov 2016

Computer Specs i think the connection is only 2.4 ghz not that that should matter if it worked before.

I have AMD on my computer and use Click here it updates my lan and wireless drivers for me.

It was corrupt at one time and had to delete it from my computer then reinstall it.

Now my computer is a lot older than yours and because that worked on mine it does not say it would work on yours.

So do not use that unless someone else says it would be safe to do so.

Govan1x 12:59 29 Nov 2016

I assume that you are in Australia then. Maybe that spec was just for Australian use. I can find the HP 15-AC630TX but cant find the specs for HP 15-AC630TX 154 so hope that the computer specs that I have already posted will be the same as yours.

Click Here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleures séries Netflix