After updating, my screen becomes completely gray.

CallOfSummer r 17:35 03 Jun 2018

I have just finished building my new computer and installing Windows 10. However, after updating Windows and some new drivers with it, my computer has to restart. After doing so and getting past the first few logos, they screen turns gray and I can't do anything.

I have tried the following things: -Reinstall Windows. -Reinstall drivers from different sources. -Reset Bios.

It seems to be a problem between the graphic driver and windows and it is really bumming me out. Can't do anything without the Gpu's drivers after all.

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z370-e Gaming Gpu: Nvidia Titan XP Os: Windows 10 Pro

Anyone have any ideas for a fix?

chub_tor 14:34 05 Jun 2018

Your motherboard has onboard graphics in addition to your Titan XP. Have you tried removing the Titan and just connecting the monitor to the onboard graphics? You may have a conflict in the Multi Display settings (check Display in Settings)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?