Advanced PC Care Virus Scam

harrisjacob 12:08 22 Sep 2015

I am running Windows 8 Professional and accidently install Advanced PC Care. It auto starts to scan my PC and shows me 5 Malware threats, 119 Systems performance Issue, 557 Systems user Software issue and 15 software installations issue. I am surprised that i am running brand New original Windows 8 professional. To remove these errors they ask me 40$ to remove all errors and save my PC. After clean my PC from Advanced PC care i am not able to boot my PC. Some how i manage my friend Laptop and search about Advanced PC care and reads that they are virus and involved in scam also.

Can you please tell me that how can i save my PC from such a virus and scam product Advanced PC care help me

spuds 12:31 22 Sep 2015

"Can you please tell me that how can i save my PC from such a virus and scam product Advanced PC care help me"

And perhaps an easy and simple answer to that question, is to do some research into a programme 'before' you download and use that programme. There is plenty of information, usually via a Google search or asking on a forum, about such programmes.

Many people fall into a ring of hope, when they see the word free, yet go no further to check if there are limitations or fees required at a later stage. And I suppose most if not all of us have fallen into that trap, at sometime.

What I would suggest is that you download one of the highly recommended malware programmes like MalwareBytes, and see what that finds. I use among other things SuperAntiSpyware, which is similar to MB, but goes that one step further by, updating daily.

If its a virus that you are concerned about, then perhaps look at Avast, which is free to use in a domestic form, and comes highly recommended.

spuds 12:35 22 Sep 2015

I perhaps should have added, that some download websites might bring further problems, so only use those that are recommended by regular users. Here are two that have a good reputation. click here click here

robin_x 12:45 22 Sep 2015

Get to Advanced Start up Menu then System Restore to an earlier time first, if you can

robin_x 12:47 22 Sep 2015

Recent apps and programs are removed, but not recent personal files and folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)