Accidentally deleted my computer's hard drive !!

ZariouhX 00:16 28 Apr 2018

Hi! I wanted to reinstall windows without losing data . so i followed a tutorial on youtube, which got me to diskpart and i accidentally ran clean disk 0 command ,and i ended up losing all my data and the windows os, I need to restore the drive is there any way i could do it,pleade help

wee eddie 02:18 28 Apr 2018

First thing. Don't turn it on

ZariouhX 08:38 28 Apr 2018

Thanks for replying, can you tell me what to do next?

Jollyjohn 11:02 28 Apr 2018

Download Testdisk - click here onto a different PC

Connect your hard drive using to that PC and run Testdisk. Will take a while to scan the disk, possibly overnight.

ZariouhX 11:29 28 Apr 2018

Okay , thank you! ,I'll try

ZariouhX 12:14 28 Apr 2018

Hi! I wasn't at home this morning,So when I got there i found that my brother installed a new windows OS on the hard drive , Do you think there is still a chance to get some of the filles back, I mean should I try what you told me to do? , or I should just forget about them�/p>

Jollyjohn 12:40 28 Apr 2018

You could try running Testdisk but be prepared for it to take a long time and it may not recover the files you want since new data has now been written to the drive.

ZariouhX 13:07 28 Apr 2018

Okay, Thanks a lot!!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

A new magazine aims to educate kids about food with some very edgy artwork

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

TV & streaming : comment regarder l’US Open de tennis ?