1903 Windows 10 roll out.

john bunyan 09:32 04 Jun 2019
Answered

I do not rush to install these big updates and am content to wait until they are routinely offered. Has anyone not on an insider programme or not installed it manually, been updated via the normal route?

Gordon Freeman 09:39 04 Jun 2019

I take the same view as you wrt these updates. I've not had it (1903) come through yet, am currently on 1809 which seemed to arrive late on my machine for some reason, compared to others.

I've read that some have experienced issues with the 1903 update, so appears MS didn't learn any lessons from the poor 1809 rollout. I'll wait until it comes through as opposed to self-inflicting problems on my machine.

Andy Roberts 11:09 04 Jun 2019

The new option is available on Windows 10 version 1803 or 1809 devices that have the May 21st updates (or later) installed. The new version of Windows 10 that is Windows version 1903 has been launched. Given below are the steps to install the new version: 1. First of all,Open the Settings application with the Windows-I shortcut. 2. Now, go to Update & Security > Windows Update. 3. Now you are required to activate the "check for updates" button. 4. Windows Update queries Microsoft's servers for updates. It may come back with the feature update and show the option to "download and install now" in the interface. 5. For installing the latest version select ‘download and install’ and follow the other technical processes.

mikef. 11:28 04 Jun 2019

Got the update last week, no problems seems nice and stable, took over 2 hours though on a relatively new computer

john bunyan 13:07 04 Jun 2019

Andy Roberts

I do that procedure regularly . So far the 1903 version is not offered. Will check every few days, but content to wait a bit.

wee eddie 14:18 04 Jun 2019

Relax, sit back and enjoy what you have. At least it is working.

Time and enough to sort 1903 (or whatever), when it eventually arrives

hssutton 20:06 04 Jun 2019

Iv'e been running 1903 since late April, no problems whatsoever

john bunyan 21:49 04 Jun 2019

hssutton

Did you install it manually or was it an automatic download via updates?

Govan1x 21:52 04 Jun 2019

it showed the update tonight on my computer and asked if i wanted to download it or not.

So started the download and it has stuck at Downloading - 99% for the last 15 minutes so not a good sign.

lotvic 23:16 04 Jun 2019

I've ticked the 'am on a metered connection' so updates don't get automatically downloaded.

Govan1x 23:22 04 Jun 2019

Mine got stuck at 99% and has restarted the download again.

So going to turn it off. Might try it some other time.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique