Hot Topics

16Gb or 32 GB of pc Ram which preferred

relindwto6 16:50 07 Jul 2020

Hey I currently have 8Gb of Ram and it's nearly always maxed out while playing a game and having like chrome,discord or other stuff open so I want to upgrade. I just want to know if I should get 16 GB or go for 32 GB. I don't really do anything besides playing video games.

Btw I only have 2 Ram slots so I can't just put 2 more 4 GB sticks in and I have a Ryzen 5 1600 processor.

wee eddie 17:36 07 Jul 2020

We'll need to know what your MOBO is and how much RAM it can take.

However, if you visit Crucial, or Kingston's, Website and run their Checker, it will tell you what is possible.

alanrwood 18:39 07 Jul 2020

I don't think there are any major benefits over 16GB anyway but you certainly need to check out the motherboard maximum memory capacity

The Kestrel 10:16 08 Jul 2020

Link to the crucial memory scanner, which is the one I always use click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Five things you need to know

Marco Oggian's Dreams and Nightmares explores our global anxiety in 2020

Leaked iPhone 12 photos reveal mystery magnets

AirPods : comment résoudre un problème de connexion ?