100% Disk Usage!! PLEASE HELP!!

nannyog 11:51 08 Sep 2018

My disk usage is 100% all the time making it impossible to play games or do anything really. I had this problem previously on Windows 8.1 and recently upgraded to Windows 10 and still have the problem but it's worse now. I thought i had a virus so got avast pro and ran all sorts of tests and cleaned up my PC but nothing has worked!!

KEITH 1955 13:09 08 Sep 2018

go to add remove and delete anything you don't recognise you could have something running in the background you don't know about , if you delete anything make sure you also delete any related start up entries or your pc will hang a lot looking for a program you no longer have.

also check your browsers for unwanted extensions and adds , they could be using resources .

open task manager processes , the top section , apps are the things that are running right now.

BTW... in start up entries I only have Realtek sound card and headphone driver set to run... my Kaspersky starts up at boot up without a msconfig entry

AroundAgain 19:46 08 Sep 2018

Have you got some updates downloading, or installing? Is an update failing to install, perhaps, and your computer continuing to try to install it?

john bunyan 20:09 08 Sep 2018

What is your theoretical disc size? How many restore points?

christinebelle 03:06 12 Sep 2018

Full Disk usage can caused by many ways, and here is an article can help you to fix it: click here

john bunyan 18:58 12 Sep 2018

Another first time poster with no feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Sega Mega Drive Mini review: Hands-on

How to Cancel Adobe CC

iOS 13 preview: First look at the new iPhone update

Les meilleurs smartphones Android (2019)