Is your opinion really valued?

canarieslover 20:55 05 Jan 2018

Over the years I have never been asked for my opinion. If there is an election pending the pollsters seem to deliberately avoid me, even dodging round me for the exit polls as well. Would a magistrate like my opinion, no. I have now reached the age limit where my opinion will never be needed in court, perhaps just as well as prostate problems would not let me sit for too long without a visit to the loo. Even when I want to book a holiday my wife takes no notice of me and prefers to seek the opinions of others on TripAdvisor. Has anyone else ever felt so ignored as I do?

flycatcher1 16:22 07 Jan 2018

morddwyd Love the piece about overtime, I remember when the working day was reduced from 18 hours to 16 hours - even then an extension was available. I have found that daughters come to Fathers for Advice and money - but never take the advice. My two have just retired from Teaching makes me feel very old.

chub_tor 19:26 07 Jan 2018

My and I seem to have got ourselves onto the Office of National Statistics database. Each year we are visited by a representative armed with laptop and yellow page flip books from which we are asked about our income and outgoings, how we cope in emergencies and how we feel about our lives. The whole process takes about an hour of questions and answers. For providing this data we are rewarded with £10 vouchers for a supplier of our choice. It can be quite informative as the questioner always has the answers to last years questions and we can compare our answers from the previous year.

Aitchbee 20:12 07 Jan 2018

The whole process takes about an hour of questions and answers. For providing this data we are rewarded with £10 vouchers for a supplier of our choice.

The ONC got nothing from me. They said I was picked out 'at random'. A one hour interrogation for a tenner ... you must be joking.

Aitchbee 20:13 07 Jan 2018

ONS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

The true inspiration behind Mr. Mime in Detective Pikachu - and why it's so hard to keep Pokémon…

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)