Young German offenders get the Siberian treatment

TopCat® 13:07 07 Jun 2010

It's no holiday camp either as they are expected to work hard to earn their keep. click here

Perhaps something of a similar nature would teach our young and persistent delinquents a hard lesson or two in good citizenship. What's your opinion on this? TC.

peter99co 15:49 07 Jun 2010

What a brilliant idea. I would think many of us would drive the buses to the docks if asked.

Quickbeam 16:59 07 Jun 2010

We wouldn't dare to do that... human rights an' all that... but I'd drive the bus;)

rickf 18:11 07 Jun 2010

Good idea, brilliant in fact.

spuds 18:52 07 Jun 2010

Don't we already have it?

Its called 'Working in the Community'. Cold in the winter, warm in the summer ;o)

egapup 18:57 07 Jun 2010

Good idea.

Colin 18:58 07 Jun 2010

At least he gets to handle beaver!

But seriously, it wouldn't do any harm to the dead eyed, knuckle dragging zombies who congregate outside a local pizza take away that I have to drive past on the way home from work, who seem to think that walking across the road and back without looking is fun?

morddwyd 19:53 07 Jun 2010

Cruel and unusual punishment.

Not permitted under HR legislation (and probably health & safety as well!).

Chegs ®™ 15:24 08 Jun 2010

I think it is a more preferable punishment to locking them up as our prisons have become a "school for criminality" The Detention Centres we used to run were way more successful as a deterrent to re-offending than any of the other type of prisons.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?