You would have thought that in this day and age

Forum Editor 08:04 20 Dec 2018

there would be a way to stop this from happening.

I can't help feeling that sooner or later there is a serious accident waiting to happen.

morddwyd 19:10 29 Dec 2018

A Government minister takes "personal charge" of a few hundred illegals in the Channel, but ten thousand or so confused and bemused passengers are left to stew in their own juice.

Theresa May is totally out of her depth.

There was a belief, suspicion, call it what you will, that British airspace had been compromised and there is only one agency whose sole task is to deal with such things, just as there is, or should be, one agency to deal with breaches of our territorial waters.

qwbos 20:22 29 Dec 2018

jb

The powers that be decided that if police arrived outside the premises, a member of staff would leave the safety and security of the site and confirm that all was ok. I balked at this and made it clear that I would neither leave the site nor instruct or allow any member of staff to exit without comprehensive proof that the "police" were the police. I got a lot of stick for this.

Then came an exercise whereby the shadowy gentlemen breached the security. The police crews dispatched by the automated response system were intercepted by some other shadowy gentlemen who had staged car collisions far enough ahead of the police not to disrupt traffic/involve civilians but close enough to take them prisoner. Not long after, the "police" arrived looking for some schmuck to go out and let them in.

QED

john bunyan 20:50 29 Dec 2018

qwbos

I could quote many examples of testing sensitive sites like command bunkers and special weapons sites but obviously must not breach the O. S.A

Quickbeam 20:30 10 Jan 2019
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:02 03 Mar 2019

KEITH 1955 13:47 03 Mar 2019

I know this posting has been running a long time but people are still adding to it.

Just like some others who write on here I just cant what the problem is with regards to downing the drones. I used to fly radio control planes and every now and again a few idiots in the club use to think it funny to buzz local houses or frighten farm animals.

One local resident came to the field to confront somebody , during his visit a few planes "just happen to crash" , he was stupid enough to make a comment on this and during a tussle a "device" fell from his pocket. One day a guy was taking a leak in a hedge bottom and he spotted something glinting in the grass , it turned out a "device" had been planted directly where the models used to come into land. You make think they are toys but you get an average kit for £60 and at the point its ready to fly you can be looking at £600 for a 5 foot wing span.

To sum up then the devices known as RF jammers can be legally over the counter or online and yes of course there are military versions you cant buy.

Forum Editor 09:04 04 Mar 2019

KEITH 1955

The very last thing you want anywhere near an airport is a blunt instrument RF jamming device. The way to deal with drones is for airports to install a network of intelligent RF spectrum monitoring nodes. These can detect and geolocate drones, and the controllers which transmit to them, and trigger alerts.

Some drones don't need an RF signal, they fly using pre-programmed GPS waypoints. Other technologies such as infra red detectors, radar, and optical sensors can be deployed against them.

KEITH 1955 13:22 04 Mar 2019

you seem a very knowledgeable person FE but if you google the devices you will find they can been tuned into what you want to jam so maybe you could bring down a drone without interfearing with something else I don't know !

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?