Would you 'take in' an immigrant?.

spuds 10:34 27 Oct 2015
Answered

Yesterday evening I was watching a television programme regarding how Germany was dealing with the 'immigrant problem', and how this is reflecting back here in the UK.

Apparently a group in Cambridge are preparing to except the possible movement of immigrant's, by opening their doors and sharing their homes to some of these people.

Whether this is a tactic to shame the government to do more, or whether its a truly heart warming venture, that people will help people in distress, I would not really know.

Would you show a little charity and warmth, by opening your doors to possible complete strangers, because they state their own homeland's are unsafe?.

Quickbeam 11:36 27 Oct 2015

Who in there right mind would take anyone in that they didn't know from Adam?

Unless it was some one that I personally new well over a long time, then no.

spuds 12:24 27 Oct 2015

Quickbeam

My thoughts entirely.

In that particular programme, it showed a young mother with child, busying herself, preparing a very nice bedroom, then looking out of the window, possibly in the hope of seeing some of these immigrant's walking up her garden path. Yes it may have been for the camera, but it truly makes you wonder about people's true commitments.

My thoughts on this, is why here in the UK we have so many homeless people, some ex-forces or with possible mental illness's, caused by stress of daily living, yet their own brethren do not want to consider the help that they might need.

oresome 13:04 27 Oct 2015

No I wouldn't want a total stranger sharing my house. There again I wouldn't want to share with many I do know!

Forum Editor 13:14 27 Oct 2015

I will not be taking in an immigrant because it would do nothing whatever to resolve what is undoubtedly a problem.

Brumas 14:23 27 Oct 2015

* Quickbeam* Echo that!

Flak999 18:08 27 Oct 2015

Absolutely not! Not under any circumstance would I take in a complete stranger that I don't know. They could be a terrorist, a rapist, a paedophile or a murderer. They could of course just be an economic migrant looking for a better life, or they could be a genuine refugee!

Whatever they are and whatever their tale of woe, they are not welcome at my door!

Al94 21:20 27 Oct 2015

Under no circumstances whether it solved the problem or not.

bumpkin 21:35 27 Oct 2015

Not a great deal of volunteers unsurprisingly, they will probably have to make it compulsary in a few years time.

spuds 22:22 27 Oct 2015

bumpkin

They did that in the 'war years', the only problem now, its not our (UK) war, these 'immigrants' are supposedly fleeing from.

bumpkin 22:59 27 Oct 2015

I doubt if that will matter, laws can be changed. It won't affect a lot of people initially anyway just the likes of ourselves whom the government may decide have more room than we need. Members of Government and certain other professions will be exempt of course "security reasons" or am I being cynical yet again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)