Windows 7 Has anyone bought it ?

Uboat 07:14 15 Feb 2010

Good morning everyone!
Over the weekend i received my new & unused genuine version of W7 Ultimate (32+64Bit Disc's)
I bought it off EBay & the buyer was selling them at £109 inc P+P which was by far the best price Ive seen

Previously Ive owned Vista Ultimate & liked the "Hard Plastic" case it came in which protects it BUT having opened my W7 last night i was more then displeased with the terrible "Flimsy" thin plastic case & to my horror the side that opens has SPLIT after opening up just twice.? so the case is now in two pieces?

Can anyone confirm who owns a copy that there case is also a thin plastic case that feels very cheaply made please? Or have i been sold a fake.? BTW the buyer has 100% posative feedback & sold over 600 items? IS this Microsofts fault?

gengiscant 08:11 15 Feb 2010

Mine came in a rigid shaped plastic case which in turn is in a cardboard sleeve. Very strong and very secure.But I would imagine OEM versions are probably not as well packaged.

mobileman1953 08:16 15 Feb 2010

my oem version was packed the same as gengiscants version vista home premium

mobileman1953 08:18 15 Feb 2010

update to above post meant to say windows 7 home premium

Pine Man 08:21 15 Feb 2010

I have a genuine copy that has a plastic case in a cardboard sleeve.

The plastic case is very flimsy and was split on arrival across the top where it isn't protected by the cardboard sleeve.

Input Overload 09:49 15 Feb 2010

mine came from DELL in a plastic sleeve, which at the cost of 5p is now in a proper CD case.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:07 15 Feb 2010

Are you sure it is genuine and that you have not been ripped-off?

birdface 10:17 15 Feb 2010

All with free delivery option from Amazon.

click here

Uboat 11:13 15 Feb 2010

Hi everyone thankx for replying, I see some of you have what i belive is a hard plastic case & other have a dvd like flimsy case.?
Mine came in the cardboard sleeve & the seal was intact & ive been able to activate it BUT i just cant see why MS would sell this super duper OS in such a nasty cheap flimsy case.? more so when i rememeber the Vista case & how strong that was?

Ive been to MS's site & found the "Genuine Software" tool which i just had to see if it's genuine & it passed! here is the link:

click here

jakimo 11:21 15 Feb 2010

Mine was from PCW ,no problem with its packaging,although it should be adequately packaged no matter who supplied it

I suggest you install your copy and see if you can download any updates,if you get a "this copy is not genuine"message, you will have your answer

Uboat 11:36 15 Feb 2010

jakimo hi thanks, yeah its activated & passed the "Genuine Software" test! its just the cheap & i mean REALY cheap (Thinner than a DVD case) plastic case that it came in! at a glance i thought "There's no way this is genuine!"

but i stand corrected it has passed all the test's & activated i'm just terribly dissapointed on its presentation! & shockingly after opening the case just twice the hindge which i microthin has in fact fell apart so ive got a W7 case thats in two.? i wish i could complain to MS! there is no way online i can complain is there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Artist Helen Friel on designing paper models for everyone to make

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts