Hot Topics

Will we see the return of the spiv?

john bunyan 11:32 15 Mar 2020
Answered

During WW2 a black market thrived operated by “spivs” .

With idiots clearing shelves of toilet rolls etc and the possibility of rationing of food as a remote possibility, will a state of emergency be declared? If so spivs should be subject to heavy fines. The British stiff upper lip and stoic attitude seems to have all but disappeared

x13 11:58 15 Mar 2020

Maybe if supermarkets put up strategically placed notices, such as this, it might not get to that stage...

john bunyan 13:02 15 Mar 2020

Also it is rumoured that police , if depleted by illness, may only investigate crimes involving loss of life, firearms etc. Will citizens , as they did very many years ago, form their own anti crime patrols? All this seems a bit far fetched at the moment but things are moving very rapidly

Pine Man 13:06 15 Mar 2020

Also it is rumoured that police , if depleted by illness, may only investigate crimes involving loss of life, firearms etc.

No change then;-))

john bunyan 13:21 15 Mar 2020

Odious as he is, so far I had not heard that Cummings was selling toilet rolls out of a suitcase at £5 a roll!!

canarieslover 15:15 15 Mar 2020
Answer

Give it a couple of weeks and it will settle down. People have only got a finite amount of space to store food and toilet rolls in so after that space is filled it will be back to just replacing what you have used.

wee eddie 15:47 15 Mar 2020

Luckily the Supply Chain is fairly resilient. I was watching a guy min Morrisons this morning, as I bought my Oranges and Pears.

He was stacking his trolley with Vac Packs of ham, sausages, bacon and various other meats in quantities of 4 of each. Everyone to their own but, I'd put money on it that half of them get thrown out. Idiot

Quickbeam 15:56 15 Mar 2020

wee eddie, I didn't know Morrisons sold stairs

john bunyan 18:03 15 Mar 2020

It seems Trump is trying to buy USA exclusive access to a vaccine- what a spiv!!

German vaccines

Quickbeam 18:47 15 Mar 2020

psssst... Wanna buy a freezer?

BT 08:24 16 Mar 2020

He was stacking his trolley with Vac Packs of ham, sausages, bacon and various other meats

These things do freeze quite well although I don't condone people being selfish so that other people can't get stuff.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

Diversity Matters more than ever in illustration

Apple doubles price of MacBook Pro RAM upgrade

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans