Why should I visit these tech forums or main site?

rodger-2321489 16:46 23 Aug 2017

Because I am fed up with ads constantly flicking the page around and interrupting my reading. Why should I put up with such rude interruptions?

Belatucadrus 16:50 23 Aug 2017

Because it pays the bills to keep the site running ?

rodger-2321489 16:52 23 Aug 2017

I know that but it's too intrusive and I bet the majority of viewers get annoyed and if they stay .click them away asap!?

Aitchbee 17:58 23 Aug 2017

If you are using Google Chrome it's possible to select 'do not show any images' for a particular web-site. Right-click on letter-icon in address bar just to the left of web address, only sponsored text is displayed.

Old Deuteronomy 20:13 23 Aug 2017

You can get banned and pop up with another name anytime.

You can do that on any forum, just get yourself another free email address. Authentication will stop nobody who is determined to stay on a forum.

Forum Editor 22:43 23 Aug 2017

"You can get banned and pop up with another name anytime."

Yes, you can but you're missing a point there aren't you?

Think about it for a moment - you pop up with that new name, but nobody knows who you are, so you haven't really gained anything have you?

wee eddie 23:27 23 Aug 2017

LB-McF Just something to excercise the little grey cells7

Govan1x 08:08 24 Aug 2017

Looks like you have only used it once so maybe adapt to it or use another site for your problems.

I must admit the site is a bit of a nightmare for new users, I went back to the basics last week with no add blockers in use and it was not a pretty sight.

I would imagine that most of us that use this site regularly have worked out ways to make the site easier to use.

So maybe you have to adapt to those ways.

Basically it runs well but a bit of a minefield for new users.

iscanut 10:56 24 Aug 2017

I use ghostery and ad block which have reduced this problem considerably.

HondaMan 11:20 24 Aug 2017

I am with iscanut on this. The use of these two items has reduced the intrusive ads by about 80%. I sometimes get a site telling me that to get the best out of it, I need to turn off my ad-blocker, but I simply ignore that message.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:01 24 Aug 2017

ghostery and ad block for me using chrome makes this site usable.

I gave up trying to use this site on a tablet or mobile while I'm away from home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The new Xbox is called the Xbox Series X

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Amazon : plein de r├ęductions sur des produits Logitech G