Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

oresome 15:03 19 Feb 2018

Perhaps it was to avoid passing a KFC shop.

Chicken is off the menu at most KFC outlets and as that's about all they sell, they've shut up shop.

The contract for distributing the chicken to the stores has recently been awarded to a new logistics company who haven't quite got the hang of it yet.

click here

Archie44 16:11 19 Feb 2018

Have you tried vegetarian

bumpkin 19:38 19 Feb 2018

Perhaps the delivery company chickened out of the deal.

oresome 19:53 19 Feb 2018

“We’ve brought a new delivery partner on board, but they’ve had a couple of teething problems"

I think they've fowled up big time!

Forum Editor 22:17 19 Feb 2018

Delivering fresh chicken portions to 900 outlets cannot be the easiest of jobs to take on, even for a company as experienced as DHL By all accounts, KFC knew they made a mistake in awarding this contract but it was too late to stop it.

oresome 16:10 20 Feb 2018

"Tower Hamlets police have put out a tweet asking residents of the London borough not to contact them about the KFC crisis."

Words fail me.

Quickbeam 17:01 20 Feb 2018

Words fail me too, what on earth makes the police describe a gluttony shortage as a 'crisis'...?

Archie44 17:04 20 Feb 2018

cheerup theres always nandos

bumpkin 20:42 20 Feb 2018

Takeaway closed, dial 999.

Clapton is God 15:47 21 Feb 2018

I note that KFC customers are now phoning 999 to complain about the ongoing lack of chicken from this company.

These people are obviously brain dead, and having never stepped inside one of these places, I assume that their customers’ lack of brain cells is the result of eating what I presume is the usual bland, tasteless pap produced by other American High Street outlets such as McDonalds.

Pine Man 16:14 21 Feb 2018

what I presume is the usual bland, tasteless pap produced by other American High Street outlets such as McDonalds.

Actually it's not that bad at all.

Many years ago they had advertising that suggested that what hadn't been sold one day would not be sold the next. Armed with this information in Brighton in the 60s, after we had been kicked out of the pubs, we used to turn up at closing time and buy one portion of chicken and then get given a tray full of the stuff that hadn't sold which fed at least half a dozen of us!

I have tried KFC a few times in recent years and, in my opinion, it still ain't half bad :-)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?