Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

oresome 15:03 19 Feb 2018

Perhaps it was to avoid passing a KFC shop.

Chicken is off the menu at most KFC outlets and as that's about all they sell, they've shut up shop.

The contract for distributing the chicken to the stores has recently been awarded to a new logistics company who haven't quite got the hang of it yet.

click here

bumpkin 19:38 19 Feb 2018

Perhaps the delivery company chickened out of the deal.

oresome 19:53 19 Feb 2018

“We’ve brought a new delivery partner on board, but they’ve had a couple of teething problems"

I think they've fowled up big time!

Forum Editor 22:17 19 Feb 2018

Delivering fresh chicken portions to 900 outlets cannot be the easiest of jobs to take on, even for a company as experienced as DHL By all accounts, KFC knew they made a mistake in awarding this contract but it was too late to stop it.

oresome 16:10 20 Feb 2018

"Tower Hamlets police have put out a tweet asking residents of the London borough not to contact them about the KFC crisis."

Words fail me.

Quickbeam 17:01 20 Feb 2018

Words fail me too, what on earth makes the police describe a gluttony shortage as a 'crisis'...?

bumpkin 20:42 20 Feb 2018

Takeaway closed, dial 999.

Clapton is God 15:47 21 Feb 2018

I note that KFC customers are now phoning 999 to complain about the ongoing lack of chicken from this company.

These people are obviously brain dead, and having never stepped inside one of these places, I assume that their customers’ lack of brain cells is the result of eating what I presume is the usual bland, tasteless pap produced by other American High Street outlets such as McDonalds.

Pine Man 16:14 21 Feb 2018

what I presume is the usual bland, tasteless pap produced by other American High Street outlets such as McDonalds.

Actually it's not that bad at all.

Many years ago they had advertising that suggested that what hadn't been sold one day would not be sold the next. Armed with this information in Brighton in the 60s, after we had been kicked out of the pubs, we used to turn up at closing time and buy one portion of chicken and then get given a tray full of the stuff that hadn't sold which fed at least half a dozen of us!

I have tried KFC a few times in recent years and, in my opinion, it still ain't half bad :-)

bumpkin 16:16 21 Feb 2018

* their customers’ lack of brain cells is the result of eating what I presume is the usual bland, tasteless pap*

Thanks for explaining why I quite like it.

Forum Editor 16:55 21 Feb 2018

KFC is pretty tasty - I have been known to stop for lunch when I'm on the road to or from meetings. It certainly is not tasteless pap - KFC shops have been around for over 65 years, and it first came on the scene in Colonel Sanders' original Kentucky restaurant during the Great depression.

Tasteless pap doesn't enjoy that kind of long-term success - there are almost 19,000 KFC shops throughout the world, and altogether they turn over around $25 billion a year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)