Hot Topics

Why Codec Packs are Bad.

BRYNIT 00:24 01 Aug 2009

I found this on another forum. Its an interesting read on codec packs and what they could do to your computer. click here

Stuartli 19:13 01 Aug 2009

That is a far more common sense approach to the subject on your part.

I've made it quite clear that I've been using the K-Lite Codec Packs for a considerable time (I always have the latest version) - in fact I've recommended them in these forums on numerous occasions. I'm just one of millions who install them and they are freely available on the world's major and well respected downloads websites.

By the words "nothing untoward" I also clearly meant that the Codec Packs have not caused any problems om my system; in fact my self-built system, thanks to careful maintenance, runs very smoothly 99.9 per cent of the time.

If, by any chance, the claims are true that the K-Lite packs may/might include pirated software than neither I nor, I suspect, the overwhelming bulk of forum members have been aware of the fact until this thread was posted earlier today.

Even so I'm not prepared to instantaneously present a holier than thou approach to the subject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)