Hot Topics

Who will you blame for a no-deal Brexit?

Quickbeam 17:47 23 Jul 2018

Hunt seems convinced that we'll all blame the EU.

Personally I'll lay the blame at the feet of weak government and wobbly opposition...

I think that there would be no doubt that in that scenario, the present government would certainly be the fall guy at the next election.

Forum Editor 17:43 03 Sep 2018

I have absolutely no interest in joining a blame culture, I'll just get on with making the best of whatever situation exists.

Large numbers of people seem to have become obsessed with finding someone to blame for absolutely everything that's wrong in their lives - it's an extremely negative way of facing the world. Just deal with it, and stop going on and on about who you can pin the blame on.

canarieslover 18:00 03 Sep 2018

Well said FE.

john bunyan 17:42 28 Nov 2018

Latest B of E No Deal Brexit forecast.

Bank of England

Changes to the latest deal are most unlikely to be accepted by the EU. I wish the politicians, for once, would just see what we, their constituents want and get on with it. A No Deal is likely to be voted down, so why not just get on with the deal on offer or this chaos will go on and on.

1]: [click here

Aitchbee 18:03 28 Nov 2018

jb, your link ended with the statement.

The Bank said: "The UK banking system is strong enough to continue to serve UK households and businesses in the event of a disorderly Brexit."

Project Fear [Part 3] is now underway, as expected.

Aitchbee 18:39 28 Nov 2018

Now isn't that strange, the last statement from jb's link has just disappeared.

ie.

The Bank said: "The UK banking system is strong enough to continue to serve UK households and businesses in the event of a disorderly Brexit."

Keef 21:14 29 Nov 2018

Corbyn has been absolutely no help with Brexit, they should have all worked together to get the best result possible for the UK, instead they've argued like a bunch of kids,

Quickbeam 06:29 30 Nov 2018

The lack of any kind of cross party cooperation, sfrom all the constituent nation, will undoubtedly be seen by political historians as the great failing in the lost chance to have united the country over an acceptable Brexit strategy.

However we end up leaving as a result of this closed shop attitude that the PM's taken upon herself, it will only ensure that the Brexit divide will still be present for more than a generation.

I'm 62 now, I don't foresee a unity over Brexit within my lifetime, and that is wholly down to the way the PM has bulldozed her way along regardless!

Quickbeam 06:40 30 Nov 2018

...and the most recent Brexit disagreement is that they can't agree which channel to argue over it on!

BT 09:20 30 Nov 2018

Keef ..they should have all worked together to get the best result possible for the UK

Can't agree more. They're like a lot of kids in the playground. Maybe the current deal isn't the best but would anyone else have got a better one? Whether Mrs May, Mr Corbyn or Mr Blobby the EU dictators had their agenda and that was all they were prepared to agree to.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:38 30 Nov 2018

The whole thing was started by one politician trying to further is own agenda.

Now we have a whole lot more politicians using it to do the same, non of which is helping in any way shape or form.

Add the media talking us into more gloom and despair.

It's the public that will have to pick up the pieces in the end.

Perhaps its time we found a way to vet prospective politicians before we allowed them to stand for Parliament.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon's Summer Sale is now live

How to get your first design job

macOS Security Failure - Apple's 'fix' doesn't work

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs