Hot Topics

Who on earth is Caroline Flack ...

Clapton is God 10:09 17 Feb 2020

and what was her function in life??

Many of the newspapers today, as well as the BBC website, have several pages devoted to this individual who, I gather, has topped herself.

Not being a member of the snowflake generation I have absolutely no idea who she was nor why the papers think I should be remotely interested in her.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:50 17 Feb 2020
  Quickbeam 10:50 17 Feb 2020

Never heard of her til Saturday teatime, but the coverage has been somewhat excessive.

Clapton is God 10:55 17 Feb 2020

Quickbeam

Precisely!

Cymro. 11:04 17 Feb 2020

Clapton is God I have absolutely no idea who she was nor why the papers think I should be remotely interested in her. But interested enough to read about her then.

Clapton is God 11:31 17 Feb 2020

Cymro

No, I didn't read about her - I simply couldn't avoid the first 5 or 6 pages of the newspapers having her "story" splashed all over them before I'd turned over enough pages to actually reach the day's real news.

Quickbeam 12:47 17 Feb 2020

Don't wehave the right to drop charges against ourselves is we so wish?

I always thought tat we did.

john bunyan 12:48 17 Feb 2020

Whoever she is, it is so sad for her family and loved ones when a person takes their own life. It seems that people in “show business “ may be famous and have money but have the same mental health issues as the rest of us. A bit of sympathy is needed- she had a variety of TV roles including winning “Strictly come dancing “

wee eddie 13:23 17 Feb 2020

Scandal has always sold Newspapers.

It is us that buys them.

In many ways, we are at fault and, don't say "NOT ME". Think of Princess Diana among the many, who have been hounded by the Press because, such News and Photos sell Copy.

bremner 14:07 17 Feb 2020

Quickbeam

No that is not so.

Prosecutions are Regina v Accused.

The victim is just a witness in the case. Domestic Abuse/Violence has historically often resulted in victims withdrawing their statement meaning that a prosecution has been dropped. Now where there is other evidence to support a prosecution then even if the victim refuses to make a statement or withdraws their statement the prosecution can continue.

Quickbeam 15:55 17 Feb 2020

Thanks bremner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?