White poppy would you/do you were one?

Cymro. 13:51 25 Oct 2018

BBC link

I have never actually seen a white poppy but if someone wants to wear one then I have no objection. Perhaps those who are trying to organise a "white poppy day" should get some more publicity as I sugested you don't see many of threm about.

morddwyd 09:41 03 Nov 2018

The red poppy is in remembrance of those who died for the right to wear a white poppy.

john bunyan 10:52 03 Nov 2018

morddwyd

Good input; I have an enamel one from my old military unit and buy a normal one .

PS Are you OK - have not seen posts from you recenty?

Brumas 12:31 03 Nov 2018

Searching through Fran's postcards for future material I came across this very interesting one.

The British Legion Poppy Factory, Richmond, Surrey. veining “Haig Fund” poppy petals.

Quickbeam 16:22 03 Nov 2018

One great advantage of the humble paper poppy is that it's probably not worth counterfeiting.

Belatucadrus 16:33 03 Nov 2018

Be wary when buying an enamel poppy, it seems some are not what they seem.

Click Here

Belatucadrus 16:34 03 Nov 2018

Ooops, too slow, sorry about the duplication.

morddwyd 18:38 03 Nov 2018

PS Are you OK - have not seen posts from you recenty?

Yes, fine, thanks. Pretty much in the pink, but I seemed to be calling someone's ire down upon my head every time I posted so retired from the lists!

john bunyan 19:39 03 Nov 2018

My enamel poppy came from the HQ of a very secure military unit- no chance of a fake and sales only to former members.

Flat Earther 01:30 04 Nov 2018

I always thought the point was to buy a paper poppy each year giving a few pounds to the poppy appeal, not buy a fancy broach and dust it off every year to show some support for the dead.

wee eddie 02:32 04 Nov 2018

Several years ago a friend knitted some Poppies, I bought one and each year since I have put the same amount in my sister's Collecting Box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Razer Blade Pro 17 review

Enter graphic design heaven with these vintage Japanese posters

What is Apple Card and Daily Cash?

Les meilleures applications pour Android (2019)