which pc games should never have been made and why

MJS WARLORD 22:57 05 Sep 2018

ok so if you read my posts before you will know I have been a gamer since 1982 , seen lots of good stuff over the years and also lots of turkeys What pc game make you say why did somebody waste there time and a chunk of there life making this.

my number 1 turkey is age of mythology extended , I think its about 3 years old now.

On the Microsoft/eso version I must have played thousands of games.

On the remake I login just for fun hardly ever anyone on I cant remember last time I got a rated match.

old version , change name , new account handy if you got cheated on , remake , change name but keep old score.

old version , resets to default score after a while , again handy if you lost a lot , remake don't reset.

saw a video comparing old versus new graphics , I honestly cant see any difference even though video shows a difference …. I have a gtx 1080

old version , chat was monitored and many a time msoft gave black screen if chat got out of hand , remake , take the sh** or log out.

you can buy extra gods and maps but whats the point if nobody using it.

even when I stopped using old version because it just turned into a chat room there were about 200 a day on.

Old Deuteronomy 09:30 06 Sep 2018

I wouldn't go so far as to say any should not have been made, they all appeal to somebody. However, whilst not the whole game, I would say Blizzard should not have produced the latest expansion for WoW. The game is too old, they have oversimplified it to death, seem to have run out of good ideas and now it seems like flogging a (nearly) dead horse. It's just, 'ere we go again, more of the same. Time they left it to the die-hard players, until it stops making money, and did something all new.

Old Deuteronomy 09:34 06 Sep 2018

Of course though, there are still millions playing WoW and it is still, presumably, very profitable so, those of us wanting something new have to go elsewhere, a return to TESO for me. Newish as far as MMORPGs go at 4 1/2 years.

Aitchbee 14:13 06 Sep 2018

All PC games that have a label on the packaging indicating that players should be aged 3 yrs+, for starters.

Aitchbee 14:19 06 Sep 2018

... the reason being it's far too young an age to start getting addicted to 'em. I would raise that age to at least 11. Something along the lines of the proposed ban on sugary drinks etc, etc, etc.

bumpkin 16:46 06 Sep 2018

which pc games should never have been made and why

All of them, people should find more useful things to do with their lives.

Brumas 18:02 06 Sep 2018

bumpkin, with respect old pal but that's fine for the able-bodied but what about the poor, not so fortunate souls who are trapped in wheelchairs for the rest of their lives?

bumpkin 19:26 06 Sep 2018

No offence was meant brumus. I was thinking of the young (even kids) that are fit and able but prefer to sit in front of a monitor allday trying to shoot each or blow each other up or games on a similar vein.

Brumas 20:07 06 Sep 2018

bumpkin, on that we are in complete agreement!

bumpkin 20:59 06 Sep 2018

I have never really tried gaming apart from its other meaning gambling which I do like. I was never very good at ping pong or space invaders. If there is anything you can suggest for us in the departure lounge apart from sollitaire then I may give it a try.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs