Which newspaper do you read and why

bumpkin 21:18 08 Jan 2013

I would like to know which newspapers other members read. I buy the Daily Mail but it is all doom and gloom. Aside from that it seems to be getting more like the Sun if you consider that to be a newspaper.

john bunyan 18:56 09 Jan 2013

I (like many of my age group) read the Daily Mail (mainly for puzzles and health articles) - very different from on line version. I read the Sunday Times on Sundays.Please don't mock!!

bumpkin 19:12 09 Jan 2013

Why should I mock, as I said I read the Mail and also like the puzzles.

VCR97 19:15 09 Jan 2013

Buxton Advertiser. No point in spending on nationals.

john bunyan 20:23 09 Jan 2013

fm. Thanks for the link. I know many despise the Mail but I admit to reading it.

bumpkin 21:00 09 Jan 2013

That's a strong statement alan14, can you explain your reasoning. Also can we believe what is written in any newspaper they all seem to be biased but do they actually print lies.

john bunyan 21:46 09 Jan 2013

alan 14

Your response is exactly what I expected and why I was dubious in admitting reading the paper you clearly despise. Please do not assume that readers believe all they read in any newspaper. You are welcome to prefer the Guardian. At least we agree on the Sunday Times!

flycatcher1 10:15 10 Jan 2013

I can see that I am in a minority here. We take the Times and the Telegraph for various reasons. The Mail is given to us on Tuesday for the Medical Info. I used to take the Observer but it became quite boring, we also tried the Independent but quickly found that it wasn't.

I watch/listen to the BBC News and I am well aware of the bias in all news formats but it is a case of filtering what is available and trying to keep an open mind. I find Channel Four news good.

Many people seem to be anti the Mail - most seem to be Guardian readers. It is of note that with such a left wing swell in this country the Left Wing papers are in financial trouble that is to say - the Guardian,The Independent and the Financial Times.

Quickbeam 11:52 10 Jan 2013

You can still buy tripe on our market, but I don't think it's still run by the Fosdykes.

Phil Ocifer 12:19 10 Jan 2013

I've seen (I won't say bought) copies of the Daily Mail on occasions - good puzzle pages but where on earth do they find all the crap to fill it every day?

I've skipped through various articles whilst using it to to create firelighters to light the fire. It looks very female orientated.

I also remember the slogan "Every woman needs her Daily Mail" (or something like that) so I always assumed it was a womans newspaper.

Quickbeam 12:33 10 Jan 2013

"I've skipped through various articles whilst using it to to create firelighters..."

That's as lame an excuse as lame excuses come for knowing what they print!

It makes the old 'The dog ate my homework Sir', one carry great credibility:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Apple unveils first ‘pro’ iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max

InDesign at 20: how Adobe beat Quark to become the graphic design tool of choice

iPhone 11 Pro confirmed: Release date, price & specs

Les meilleures montres connectées (2019)