Hot Topics

Where are you going on 'Holiday'

caccy 18:01 24 Mar 2020

We went on holiday to Madeira yesterday (second visit).

How did we escape the travel ban?

We put our pictures of our first visit there on a slide show and spent a very pleasant time reminiscening.

Tomorrow we're off to Luxemburg. Anybody care to join us?

Aitchbee 20:39 24 Mar 2020

I'd like to think of this lockdown as a temporary prison sentence or solitary confinement during which time I hope to spend most of my 'stretch' sprucing up my cell ... Block Aitch.

wee eddie 21:13 24 Mar 2020

I have, not yet, been reduced to dusting. But the writing is on the wall

Brumas 22:00 24 Mar 2020

Looks like it will be 'windowsill bay' this year....

Quickbeam 06:02 25 Mar 2020

Ourgate on Sea

Pine Man 06:52 25 Mar 2020

'Cruising' the supermarket once a week.

john bunyan 07:44 25 Mar 2020

The green green grass of home

May look at old photos of Sarawak, before logging and Palm Oil spoilt much of it

Forum Editor 09:52 25 Mar 2020

Working at home.

Lots to do, but I will be taking longer breaks while the sun shines and enjoying the fact that I can go nowhere, have no meetings, and no London traffic to contend with for the foreseeable future. From my office window I can see the birds at our feeders, and the garden - nothing else except blue sky (at the moment), and a distinct lack of aircraft. Normally there is a considerable amount of traffic climbing out of or descending into Heathrow. We are quite a long way from the airport so the aircraft are reasonably high over us, but for the past few days I have only noticed a few.

The silence in the garden is golden, but I wish the circumstances were different. Things are going to take a far more serious turn quite soon, I fear.

Aitchbee 22:44 28 Mar 2020

Working at home.

Apparently some stalwart BBC Radio4 presenters broadcast from 'underneath a duvet' using their smart phones.

Sarah Dunant [A Point of View] & Rev. Giles Fraser [Moral Maze] are two I've heard mention this bizarre behaviour.

Condom 23:00 07 Apr 2020

I went on a pub crawl last night and this morning I really wished I hadn't. I had a glass of wine in the downstairs toilet,followed by another two in the kitchen and utility rooms. Moved upstairs with a new bottle and continued in the bedrooms. I'm so glad that I don't have a bigger house. Funny thing is I never met anyone I knew the whole evening.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HBO Max enters the streaming wars with US launch

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina improves battery health and fixes Finder crash bug

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans