WhatsApp Co-Founder advises to delete Facebook

leoaubrie 08:11 21 Mar 2018

Brian Acton a co-founder of WhatsApp has published really interesting post on Twitter saying: "It is time" he refered to Facebook account click here

wee eddie 09:09 21 Mar 2018

War, they are both punting for your business, and data

john bunyan 09:50 21 Mar 2018

I don’t use Facebook and have no profile . I do , however , use WhatsApp for people known to me. This is for pictures etc that my Giff Gaff would otherwise charge 30 p per photo. It is said to use end to end encryption and is , apparently, free? How can this be? Even if they wanted , I keep no bank stuff on my phone. I like it but am puzzled how it can be free , particularly when the phone is using wi fi.

Old Deuteronomy 16:23 21 Mar 2018

You never know, Brian Acton might just be a tad biased!

Having said that, I am only on the Farcebook for contact with my dad, who lives in Perth, Western Australia.

LastChip 16:55 21 Mar 2018

I've steered clear of social media and warned on past threads about data you are giving away.

Finally it seems, the penny has dropped.

Quickbeam 17:15 21 Mar 2018

"Finally it seems, the penny has dropped."

But, 'collectively' we will still use it!

A week is a long time in social media to paraphrase...

Quickbeam 17:26 21 Mar 2018

I don't know how What'sApp make their money as it's only a simple private messenger with no ads.

bumpkin 21:11 21 Mar 2018

I don't know how What'sApp make their money as it's only a simple private messenger with no ads.

What nobody with a beard waving a phone in your face all the time.

wee eddie 23:30 21 Mar 2018

To join WhatsApp, you give it permanent access to your Contacts, all your Postings and your current position, and a few other things to boot

Forum Editor 18:25 22 Mar 2018

I don't use social media - never have, and never will.

My children can't believe that I can be such a dinosaur, but I don't feel that I'm missing anything. I communicate via email, phone and texts - it's enough.

Quickbeam 18:37 22 Mar 2018

As far as I understand it, Whatsapp is end to end encrypted secure messages... where's the financial benefit in a private messaging service?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this Illustrator…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Razer Phone 2