WhatsApp Co-Founder advises to delete Facebook

leoaubrie 08:11 21 Mar 2018

Brian Acton a co-founder of WhatsApp has published really interesting post on Twitter saying: "It is time" he refered to Facebook account click here

wee eddie 09:09 21 Mar 2018

War, they are both punting for your business, and data

john bunyan 09:50 21 Mar 2018

I don’t use Facebook and have no profile . I do , however , use WhatsApp for people known to me. This is for pictures etc that my Giff Gaff would otherwise charge 30 p per photo. It is said to use end to end encryption and is , apparently, free? How can this be? Even if they wanted , I keep no bank stuff on my phone. I like it but am puzzled how it can be free , particularly when the phone is using wi fi.

Old Deuteronomy 16:23 21 Mar 2018

You never know, Brian Acton might just be a tad biased!

Having said that, I am only on the Farcebook for contact with my dad, who lives in Perth, Western Australia.

LastChip 16:55 21 Mar 2018

I've steered clear of social media and warned on past threads about data you are giving away.

Finally it seems, the penny has dropped.

Quickbeam 17:15 21 Mar 2018

"Finally it seems, the penny has dropped."

But, 'collectively' we will still use it!

A week is a long time in social media to paraphrase...

Quickbeam 17:26 21 Mar 2018

I don't know how What'sApp make their money as it's only a simple private messenger with no ads.

bumpkin 21:11 21 Mar 2018

I don't know how What'sApp make their money as it's only a simple private messenger with no ads.

What nobody with a beard waving a phone in your face all the time.

wee eddie 23:30 21 Mar 2018

To join WhatsApp, you give it permanent access to your Contacts, all your Postings and your current position, and a few other things to boot

Forum Editor 18:25 22 Mar 2018

I don't use social media - never have, and never will.

My children can't believe that I can be such a dinosaur, but I don't feel that I'm missing anything. I communicate via email, phone and texts - it's enough.

Quickbeam 18:37 22 Mar 2018

As far as I understand it, Whatsapp is end to end encrypted secure messages... where's the financial benefit in a private messaging service?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?