What's your favourite website for saving money?

Production Ed 12:21 08 Oct 2008

Compiling the Readers' Sites section of the magazine is always fun, but this was particularly true this time around; your favourite humorous websites caused so much giggling in the PCA offices that we were accused of shirking our work responsibilities. Thanks to everyone who recommended sites. It was a bumper crop, and we had a hard time narrowing it down to just 10. And particular thanks to WhiteTruckMan, our new Readers Sites champion – if you're around, could you make yourself known to a member of PCA staff?

And now for a severe change of tack. As fears for the state of the economy worsen, we want to look at websites that help you to save money, deal with financial worries and generally stretch your cash that little bit further. This is a potentially wide topic, so feel free to interpret it as you wish. We're anticipating professional financial advice sites and forums, special deals, money-off coupon sites and resale sites, but the only limitation is that it needs to be a reputable, above-board online offering that helps you to save money and whose trustworthiness you can vouch for.

As usual, we don't just want to know which websites you recommend - we want to know why. You can add your recommendation and reasons to this thread or email them to [email protected]. This is your chance to see your name in the magazine, and perhaps even win a great prize!

Thanks again,

David Price
PC Advisor

sunnystaines 15:36 28 Jan 2011

my choices already posted

martinsmoney & freecycle

so my third choice is

motley fool saved me lots over the years
click here

AroundAgain 23:02 28 Jan 2011

I recommend your local Freecycle site. click here
It's amazing what people are wanting to clear out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

The art projects making this 2019 General Election more bearable

Funny things to ask Siri

Test : LIZ, la bouteille connectée française de NOERDEN