What's your favourite news website?

David Price 17:55 21 Feb 2011

We're looking for recommendations of news websites. Tell us your favourite and you could get your name in PC Advisor magazine, or win a great prize!

Where do you find out what's going on in the world? Do you check the website of a print newspaper or TV news outlet? Do you prefer to tap into the collective knowledge of small-scale news bloggers, or big-name reporters with credentials? Do you even listen to breaking news on Twitter?

Add your recommendation of a news website, plus the reason you rate it, to this thread or email it to [email protected]. We'll print the top 10 in the next issue of PC Advisor, and our favourite will win a prize. Good luck.

Finally, thanks to everyone who recommended a Twitter feed last month, and congratulations to prize-winner lebeeuk, whose recommendation (the all-conquering Stephen Fry) was our favourite. Well done, lebeeuk - a prize will be winging its way to you shortly.

sunnystaines 18:35 21 Feb 2011

google news as it gets the best from the web and updated on a regular basis, you can also tweeak it to the nation of your choice.

i use the uk one

click here

i like world affairs asnd this is by far the best in my opinion.

morddwyd 20:11 21 Feb 2011

BBC

Quickbeam 07:06 22 Feb 2011

BBC

dagbladet 09:16 22 Feb 2011

Newsnow will constantly scan thousands of news feeds from across the globe. After inserting a keyword, it will produce results within seconds.

click here

Quickbeam 10:59 22 Feb 2011

Even the startling February 21st event was only debated here...

Flak999 15:07 22 Feb 2011

My homepage is set to the BBC news website, I also read the Telegraph and Guardian online. Used to read the Times, but I'm certainly not going to line Murdoch's pockets for information that can be freely had elsewhere.

Forum Editor 18:14 22 Feb 2011

it's the BBC news site and The New York Times - the best two news resources on the web - in my opinion.

Graham. 00:22 23 Feb 2011

BBC and Al funny thing.

Strawballs 02:32 23 Feb 2011

Mainly BBC and Reuters

rawprawn 07:54 23 Feb 2011

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

The art projects making this 2019 General Election more bearable

Funny things to ask Siri

Test : LIZ, la bouteille connectée française de NOERDEN