What's So Special About Star Wars?

morddwyd 20:45 14 Dec 2015

Am I the only one in the country totally unmoved by the whole Star Wars franchise since it first appeared nearly forty years ago?

bumpkin 20:54 14 Dec 2015

I believe it is some kind of sci-fi thing with a guy in a crash helmet called Darth.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:08 14 Dec 2015

According to my 5yr old grandson - Episode V (the second film) was the Vampire strikes back. :0)

If your not a SiFi fan then this piece of escapism isn't for you, It's not even good SiFi, basically "cowboys and indians in space".

Aitchbee 21:16 14 Dec 2015

I've heard they've brought back the original 'stars' Fisher, Hammill and Ford for the latest one to help boost the ratings ... a bit like wot they do on Eastenders from time to time.

Devil Fish 21:27 14 Dec 2015

I can assure you you are not alone in being unmoved by it morddwyd.

csqwared 21:30 14 Dec 2015

I echo Devil Fish, a total waste of celluloid( or DVD ) as far as I'm concerned.

Belatucadrus 21:53 14 Dec 2015

Loved the original three, loathed the prequels.

Must say if it is the sort of thing that floats your boat the trailers show the new ones have real promise.

No I'm not obsessive, I don't claim to be a Jedi in the census, I don't have oodles of star wars toys (Mores the shame some of the originals now worth serious brass). Nor have I any intention of trying to persuade anybody to like it. If it's not your bag find something else, life's too short.

Forum Editor 22:22 14 Dec 2015

Star Wars was great in the early days, but I have been underwhelmed by the later offerings.

Quickbeam 22:25 14 Dec 2015

I never got into it at all.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 15 Dec 2015

Star wars - star trek both have a big fan base still.

here's something for both sets of fans

click here

Matt. 18:48 15 Dec 2015

Long ago and to a galaxy far far away is where these films should should be exiled!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)