What's the best thing you have learned from these

Sapins 11:23 04 Oct 2004

Forums?

Mine has to be, you can find the solution to any computer problem here in a friendly atmosphere.

Sapins 12:38 04 Oct 2004

I agree, It does restore your faith in people and from a mans point of view also, I prefer not to have to put up with swearing, as you say, time and place.

Regards,

Sapins.

watchful 18:09 04 Oct 2004

As has already been said, meeting really nice, helpful people and not being made to look a fool when you ask the silliest of questions; which we all do when we first get a computer.

I have also changed my name but it is still a nickname.

LastChip 19:31 04 Oct 2004

Sometimes, what can appear to be the most basic of advice, is welcome.

Some members here have zero computing knowledge, and starting on a problem from scratch, often leads to the most speedy resolution.

As with all diagnosis, start at the beginning and work in a methodical manner.

Forum Editor 01:08 05 Oct 2004

1. That there's nothing more interesting (and at times more infuriating) than human nature.

2. That tolerance and patience are prerequisites for a happy forum life. Nellie2 sums it up perfectly.

3. That some people will go to extraordinary lengths to help others, with no thought of personal aggrandisement.

4. That I really enjoy doing this, despite telling my wife at least once a week that I've had enough of it.

I've been seeing some of you here day in and day out for several years now - what would we do if the problems dried up? Not that there's any chance of that happening.

S5W 19:25 06 Oct 2004

I've learnt to try and get myself out of trouble before asking for help (usually:-)) and to read as many threads as I can find time for, that way I have learnt oodles. Thank you all who give advice and assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9