Hot Topics

What is your favourite piece of Tech?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:27 11 Aug 2019
Answered

Just had a problem with my old 4th gen Kindle - battery warning messages, tried the reset fix yesterday but only got 30 mins last night and 20 mins this morning after a full charge yesterday.

This has probably been my best value for money and favourite tech purchase, had thousands of hours enjoyment from it since it's purchase.

Worst was probably a Nexus 7 tablet that slowed to a crawl after couple of Android updates and will probably be re-purposed to a digital photo frame or something when I have time.

So what is your best / favourite bit of tech and waht is your worst, and why?

oresome 15:31 19 Aug 2019

HDD recorders seem to be dying out in these days of on demand streaming and "Freeview play". But I have two (his and hers) that still get used.

Two problems with streaming for me.

I can't skip the adds and subtitles or not always available.

We watched Deep Water, a story of every day life in the Lake District on the ITV hub and neither of us could hear all the dialogue and there were no subtitles available that I could find.

john bunyan 16:35 19 Aug 2019

My oldest and favourite, used every day are 2 small radios - one bought for £10 over 30 years ago when I worked in Holland- battery lasts forever and it has FM and long wave ( could get Radio 4 in Holland) , and a very small pocket fm radio used with cans on which I listen to Radio 4 - a channel that , if there were no TV , I would be happy with. I used to have a good, small, short wave Radio when I traveled more and could pick up BBC Overseas In places like Karachi, Kuala Lumpur etc

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:24 19 Aug 2019

used with cans

:0)

john bunyan 18:36 19 Aug 2019

FB

There was me trying to use modern slang- your photo took me back 70 years or more!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:56 19 Aug 2019

JB thought you might like that.

john bunyan 06:59 20 Aug 2019

FB

Yes , and Menzie’s photo he must have taken before I sold all my bling

Protos 16:10 27 Aug 2019

My favourite piece of tech is my Canon EOS R camera

elijahdakota6 08:27 04 Sep 2019

Go for the Kindle without a second thought if you like to read!

It's an amazing product. A good investment and a great companion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo's next phones will feature 125W wired and 65W wireless charging

Keith Haring's only museum is now free and virtual to enjoy

iPhone 12 to bundle braided Lightning cable

Microsoft Flight Simulator : date de sortie et gameplay