Hot Topics

What time do you wake up during the Night.

Govan1x 15:34 12 Apr 2018

This might not last long but thought that I would mention it to see if others maybe have the same problem.

I seem to have a sleeping problem when I wake up during the night.

I look at my watch and it quite often it is at 4.20 am.

The same time keeps popping up which I thought was unusual but it seems I am not the only one that wakes up at that time.

My problem is when I see that time on my watch it makes me wonder why and its a waste of time going back to bed as there is no chance of getting back to sleep.

A bit bored so decided to google What happened at 4.20am. And sure enough a chap on one of the forums with the same problem and same time.

And yes you have guessed it I was up at 4.20 am today again.

wee eddie 20:40 15 Apr 2018

Bumpkin. If their loaves are wrapped and sliced. They are not Artisan Bakers

Aitchbee 20:42 15 Apr 2018

Guys, a handy hint for complete urine removal from your bladder.

When you think you've finished urinating, gently touch and tickle your spine above your buttocks with a free hand to completely empty your bladder.

It works for me and I am not taking the p**s.

Govan1x 10:03 16 Apr 2018

flycatcher1

It also helps if you stop drinking fluids early in the evening and not late at night.

A visit to the loo before going to bed whether you feel you need to or not always helps.

Stones in the bladder and kidneys will make you go to the loo more often, so a visit to your Doctors is always recommended. Why suffer when you can can get it fixed.

It is not a quick fix but once fixed you will notice the massive difference. Unfortunately when getting checked out for this other problems can be found but better getting them found early rather than later.

If you are one of those that have to stop what you are doing to rush to the loo. Go see the Doctor it is usually a simple [ not an operation ] method that they have of removing any stones from your bladder and staying in hospital for 1 or 2 days afterwards.

Prostate problems may be found when doing the tests so get to the doctors early and don't let it drag on for years before going.

You should sleep like a baby have those problems fixed.

bumpkin 16:31 16 Apr 2018

* If their loaves are wrapped and sliced. They are not Artisan Bakers*

Still no clear on this. Many bakers around here have unwrapped and unsliced loaves. They will slice them if you ask but does that make them artisan?

Quickbeam 18:39 16 Apr 2018

Artisan is a bit of a misleading term regarding the modern baker. I did 4 years at college in Sheffield in the early '70s and consider myself to be a craft trained baker, that means I can claim to be an artisan baker, but have made very little of what is now considered to be artisan bread. That's because the current desire for artisan bread is quite modern. In the '70s this type of bread was made during our exams to demonstrate that we understood how to make bread from the most basic ingredients with the most basic of equipment, it took another 30 years for it to become trendy with the metropolitan set... but at a price.

The fact is, many do not want to pay this price, the bread will not look like what you expect a 21st century loaf to look like, and the crumb will be very open textured that causes quick staling, have a dirty grey colour because the flour isn't bleached (yes, white bread is white because the flour is bleached). It's not to every ones taste as it'll be very brewish in flavour especially if brewers yeast is used rather than benign bakers yeast, just as craft beers aren't to the taste of mainly the young, it has an acquired taste, meaning that you have to go out of your way to like it.

You'll usually find it sold in the shops of quaint mills in tourist traps, pay a fortune and not finish it because it's not what you expected!

However, craft bread from a small craft bakers is what you probably want. We used to do a long ferment (4 hours) dough that gave a subtly flavoured loaf, but looked like what we expect a modern loaf to look like. The modern loaf as we know it came into being around the turn of the century, Victorian/Edwardian era, and stayed as such until the '60s Chorleywood process gave us Mothers Pride. The ubiquitous non-staling sliced white banality pulp!

wee eddie 18:42 16 Apr 2018

bumpkin: I'm not sure if you are being devious or just winding me up.

To me, the difference between a small batch, hand made, loaf and mass produced bread, even if it is on a small scale, should be blatantly obvious.

wee eddie 18:44 16 Apr 2018

Quickbeam: You're a star

Quickbeam 18:51 16 Apr 2018

HB That's similar to the guaranteed method of getting a new puppy to piddle when and where you want it to... tickle it's belly... then it's house trained within days!

Quickbeam 18:59 16 Apr 2018

Tescos sourdough bloomer is great for making a doorstep ploughman's sandwich with extra vintage cheddar and home made chutney. Flavour heaven!

bumpkin 19:16 16 Apr 2018

wee eddie, not winding you up it was a serious question which has been answered by QB. Not much chance of me getting any but I would like to try some. Can you make this yourself or is it not the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book Flex review

The first ever AR Pride floats come to Snapchat

Spotted: New larger Apple Watch Series 6 battery

App Store : comment obtenir un remboursement ?